Becoming a Member of Lake Talquin Baptist Church
The Purpose of Membership
The New Testament presents a picture of definable groups of people who, once committed to the Lord, identified themselves with and committed themselves to a particular local body. (Acts 2:42-27; Heb. 10:23-25)
In order to implement the principles of accountability and commitment to the local body of Christ, as defined in the New Testament and practiced in the early churches Lake Talquin recognizes the need for formal membership.
Guidelines for Membership
By Baptism* (Immersion) – Any person professing faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and giving evidence of a change of heart, and accepting our views of faith and practice as set forth in our Articles of Faith (see following pages), may upon baptism be received into our Fellowship as a church member.
By Transfer of Membership – by their statement of faith in Christ Jesus and of scriptural baptism, and commitment to our views of faith and practice may be accepted into Lake Talquin Baptist Church.
Your Personal Commitment
Membership in the body of Christ requires submission to Christ ~ a desire to bring each phase of one’s life under His Lordship. It therefore involves obedience to the scriptural principle of commitment and accountability to the body of Christ in terms of;
• Time (Hebrews 10:25)
• Talents and Gifts (Romans 12:4-6a)
• Treasures (Matthew 6:19-21)
• Fellowship (Philippians 1:1ff)
The heart of our church will be strengthened as each one of us wholeheartedly considers these “eight expectations” for the building of the body in love.
1. Participate in the weekly worship services on a regular basis.
2. Join the family life of the church is a small group of Bible Study.
3. Exercise your Spiritual Gifts in specific areas of involvement.
4. Support the variety of ministries of the church through prayer and service.
5. Contribute financially to our church in a sacrificial, consistent, and generous manner.
6. Share your faith personally while supporting others who proclaim the gospel around the world.
7. Respond positively to the leadership of the church in matters of church policy and discipline. [Church discipline is a matter of accountability and not judgment in accordance with Matt. 18:15-17; Heb. 13:17]
8. Assume responsibility for your own spiritual nourishment through personal and corporate Bible study and prayer.
“…it is good for the heart to be strengthened by grace…” Heb. 13:9 (NASB95)
Contact the Church office by phone, email or message Pastor Milton on Facebook. We would love to hear from you, listen to your story and share How YOU can become a Member of our Fellowship! God Bless and I look forward to hearing from you!